Here’s Jessica on her goal as the manager of Heyden’s Gardens: “My goal is to create a happy, positive environment where my employees and customers feel valued and appreciated. We pride ourselves on growing high-quality plants and offering a complete line of gardening products in a clean, well-organized, and welcoming space. I enjoy using my energy to motivate my team and I believe that our friendly, helpful staff genuinely shares my love and enthusiasm for the work we do here at Heyden’s Gardens. I LOVE PLANTS!!!”
What do you like most about working at Heyden’s Gardens?
I love that I can express my creative side, whether it be in designing annual containers or in building displays in the store. I love plants and helping people. My co-workers are the best! They have a zest for life and plants along with a great sense of humor!
Why would you recommend someone work here?
I love that Heyden’s is a family business that is dedicated to producing quality plant material. We have a professional staff made up of experienced gardeners and educated horticulturists who, combined, have hundreds of years’ worth of plant knowledge. It’s great to be surrounded by all that plant brainpower!
When Jess is not at the Garden Center you will find her on an adventure hiking the Grafton Gorge or visiting a botanical garden. Her favorite is the Atlanta Botanical Garden in Georgia! She also loves to visit all her family and friends back in her home state of Michigan as much as possible. Another favorite spot to unwind is hanging out on the beach in Ludington, Michigan which is her spot to recharge and gives her the feeling of Zen.
– Perennials: Toad Lilies (Tricyrtis), Jack Frost Brunnera, Delft Lace Astilbe, False Blue Indigo, Summer Peek-a-Boo™ Allium, PEONIES!
– Shrubs: Limelight Hydrangea, Spice Island Viburnum, Common Witchhazel, Jet Stream Oakleaf Hydrangea, Snowflake Oakleaf Hydrangea, Ames St. John’s Wort, Little Devil™ Ninebark
– Trees: North Wind® Korean Maple, Katsura, Ginkgo, Butterflies Magnolia
– House plants: ZZ Plant (Zamioculcas) and Fiddle Leaf Fig
– Annuals: Meteor Shower Verbena bonariensis, Tropical Sunrise million bells, and Cherry Sunrise Lantana