Jack’s Fertilizer is a line of professional grade fertilizers for the home gardener, including fertilizers for blooming seasonal containers, houseplants, patio containers, and landscape plants. They’re made by the JR Peters Company with the same ingredients as their professional formulas. Established in 1947, this family-owned company has been the go-to fertilizer company for professional growers for generations. Years of research and development have led to a complete line of specialized formulations, each ideally suited to the target plants.
Our horticulturists have been growing with Jack’s Fertilizer for years and highly endorse them for the home gardener!
Jack’s Fertilizer for Blooming Seasonal Containers
Our growing season is so short, we want our container plants to grow quickly and bloom prolifically. Three factors will help you achieve that goal:
- Premium, lightweight planting medium
- Daily watering
- Weekly application of soluble fertilizer
- Blossom Booster (10-30-20): Extra Phosphorus to encourage prolific blossoms and abundant fruit set. Our most popular seller!
- All indoor and outdoor flowering plants such as geraniums, impatiens, begonias, and marigolds. Also great for vegetables and fruiting plants.
- Petunia FeED (20-6-22): For iron dependent annual plants. The chelated iron formulation allows plants to utilize iron even in alkaline soils, as we have here in southeastern Wisconsin. Prevents the yellowing of Petunia and Million Bell foliage. Highly recommended!
- Petunia, calibrachoa, bacopa, diascia, nemesia, salvia, scaveola, verbena and pansy.
Jack’s Fertilizer for Houseplants
As a general rule, houseplants should be allowed to rest during the winter months. You should only fertilize your houseplants monthly during the growing season (April—September).
- Houseplant Special (15-30-15): For use on all indoor foliage plants.
- Philodendron, Pothos, Ivy, Sansevieria, Spathyphyllum, Dracaena, Schefflera & Aglaonema.
- Palm Food (16-5-25): A low phosphorus blend, formulated to prevent the buildup of harmful salts while delivering additional potassium, magnesium, sulfur, and micronutrients.
- All Palms, Zee Zee Plants, Hibiscus
- African Violet (12-36-14): Produces stocky stems, strong roots, and robust flower bud development. Apply only to the soil to avoid leaf spotting.
- African Violets & all flowering houseplants
Jack’s Fertilizer for Outdoor Containers & Landscape Plants
- All Purpose (20-20-20): The industry standard for general purpose fertilizer. Used extensively by professional growers.
- All indoor and outdoor plants: bedding & container plants, trees & shrubs, and vegetables.
- Acid Special (17-6-6): Reduces soil pH, allowing plants to better utilize iron and other trace elements for overall plant health.
- Azalea, rhododendrons, holly, hydrangea (blue), pine, spruce, cedar, and blueberry.
- Hydrangea Blue (7-3-3): A blend of nutrients and aluminum sulfate designed to maintain blue color in most pink and blue varieties of hydrangeas.
- Tomato FeED (12-15-30): Extra calcium to prevent blossom end rot. Iron to keep plants green and strong. Boosted potassium prevents yellow shoulders on tomatoes.
- Tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, eggplant, squash and zucchini.
- Citrus FeEd (20-10-20): Optimal combination of nutrients for citrus plants.
- ClassiCote (15-8-23): Pelletized slow-release fertilizer. Feeds for 4 months. Especially well suited for use in containers.